Tuesday, April 29, 2008

On Being a Mom

I found an article on another blog by Anna Quindlen, an author and columnist in Oprah magazine. This essay is yet another reminder to enjoy my small child while she is...well, small!

Life is crazy busy, and I already see the time passing too quickly. Last night, I revisited some photos from the past two years and I can't believe how much she has grown...her little legs are so strong, her vocabulary is exploding, her heart is so big.



Today we were sitting at breakfast just chatting as we usually do and she said, "Mommy, when you didn't have me you were sad...", she continued, "but now that you have me, you are so HAPPY!" Oh, if only she knew how right she is! That little girl is the definition of joy to me. She brought color into our life and a spring in our step!

My goal is to really enjoy this and every stage of her life and not wish away a single moment.

So here's to goldfish crackers, twirl skirts, tiaras, and reading Fancy Nancy (which I ADORE) a hundred times a week.


You can read Anna Quindlen's full essay here.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Thank you so much for posting this! You are so right! It is easy to get caught up in the day to day! Thank you for the reminder!

Give Leah big hugs from us!!!

sara said...

Yes, Yes!!! I almost cried the other day as both of my boys got themselves completely dressed and ready to go out the door. No one "needs" me anymore! I know my "empty nest" is still a ways off, but I am already getting an idea of what it is going to feel like. :(

And I LOVE reading to my guys!! I can't wait to have Fancy Nancy in our house for our girl!