Thursday, February 28, 2008

...Oh, Happy Day!

Two years ago today, we laid eyes on Leah's gorgeous little face for the first time. Hands down one of the best days of our lives.

Those precious words...fed to me by Tracie at CCAI at 12:34 p.m.... "You have a beautiful daughter"...just floored me. All those years of wondering, all that planning, hoping and wishing finally had a name--Yang Fu Fan.

And the photo that soon followed minutes later was beyond thrilling. When the photo pulled up, and this adorable little face filled the screen...we instantly were head over heels in love! We couldn't get enough of her expressive eyes, rosebud lips and those yummy, yummy cheeks. Still can't.

How did we ever get this lucky?





7 comments:

Kate said...

What a sweet post...and such wonderful memories of a life changing day. I love the last picture of Leah so much...it appears as if she is throwing her head back and laughing with glee! What a sweet referral pictures...I agree that those are some very kissable cheeks!! You are indeed lucky friend!

Kate

Anonymous said...

Ah, I loved this post! It brought tears to my eyes! Congratulations to your wonderful family! And I hope you don't mind, but I'll be copying your photo opp today! (A day late, but what's a non-creative mom to do?! Lucky I have creative friends like you!)

Lynn

Amanda said...

2 years can you believe it :D I just love Leah's sweet smile.

Perfect song choice!!!!

Amanda

ps....guess what we did today!! The forms were faxed first thing this morning!!!

Jake and Taryn said...

What a great day full of wonderful memories! I love the pictures of Leah holding her referral picture! That is such a GREAT idea!! She gets cuter and cuter all the time! :)

sara said...

I can't believe you have been blessed with 2 years! How can you ever imagine life without her? Leah's referral picture was GORGEOUS, just like she is!! Happy Day, babe!!

Jodee Leader said...

Leah is just adorable. You are soooo blessed!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I can't view your site properly within Opera, I actually hope you look into fixing this.