Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Child of My Heart


Child of the world,
Into my heart you came —
Bringing sun into my life,
making family our name.


Thought I'd share one of my most favorite gifts this year from Leah (with help from Daddy) to my fellow adoptive moms...a new Willow Tree sculpture representing adoption. I just love how these figures symbolize the phases of your life--I had one previously given to me when I married Shawn that I still cherish.

These simple wood sculptures make wonderful, personal gifts and are so touching. It's a must have, in my humble opinion, for any adoptive mommy. Most corporate Hallmark's sell these figurines as well other sources online, including ebay, for around $20.

You'll love this as much as I do.











4 comments:

Sophie's Mom said...

Beautiful! How did I miss this one at the Hallmark store??? I must go back! So glad you shared!

sara said...

I love that - "making family our name" That is very precious & YES! you will cherish it forever!!

Jake and Taryn said...

LOVE the figure! I LOVE Willow Tree and all that they represent! They have something for every moment in life! :) You will certainly enjoy it..especially since it came from Leah!


Yes, it is nice to get some snow..but it is oh soooo cold!

Keep warm!

Sheri said...

I love this figurine and have it myself. My hubby got it for me while we were waiting for Sarah. They are great to give as gifts!