Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Thought I'd Share....


Mom got me Steven Curtis Chapman's new Christmas CD, "All I Really Want For Christmas". It's so sweet to see his precious three daughters, adopted from China, inside the jacket cover. They are all so adorable! And then on the CD, is the cutest little reading of the scripture of birth of Jesus from Shaoey, see the post above to hear.






Leah LOVES when I read to her Shaoey and Dot. It's a wonderfully illustrated book and is very sweet, there is a series of several other Shaoey and Dot adventures as well that I haven't purchased yet, but will soon.

I feel extremely fortunate that there are so many wonderful books out there related to adoption, there is just a wealth of resources for both the parents and the child.

As Leah grows older, I am buying the books that appeal to her age range, and she really enjoys these books.


I personally love them as well, they all have a sweet, simple story lines and great illustrations to explain how we came to be a family. Here's a few of her favorites:

I Love You Like Crazy Cakes










Another book that Leah is getting this Christmas will be "Motherbridge of Love" from Barefoot Books, it's a beautiful-written poem circulated within the adoption community with gorgeous illustrations depicting a little Chinese girl, and her Chinese birth mother and Caucasian adoptive mother.

As Leah begins to question things, this book will be a great jumping off point for discussion. It honors both the birth mother and adoptive mother, and ends on a positive note reassuring her that she is a part of both cultures. Be forewarned, it's a tear-jerker.

"Once there were two women who never knew each other.
The first you do not know. The other you call "mother."







Click here to view the book and reading by Amy Tan, best-selling author.

1 comment:

sara said...

I have a rather extensive wish list on amazon & all these books are included!! I bought a few the last round of secret pal & got some for my SP & some for me. I will probably do that again, but I don't want to collect too many just yet - cause they are all going in a rubbermaid right now. I'd rather have a sweet bookcase that I was dusting, you know? Something about making it more real!

It was at Steven Curtis Chapman's Christmas concert 2005, Des Moines, Iowa - where God placed the desire to adopt on our hearts!! I am so thankful for his ministry!!