Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Fall Getaway

First off, can you believe it's almost Thanksgiving? I just can't believe it's time to stuff ourselves silly again. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, it encompasses all the things I love...family, counting your blessings and "yum, yum in the tum" southern comfort food. Does it get any better?

After a couple of rough months of planning a large community event last week, I was pooped and wanted a little getaway. We spent a few days down in Tennessee this past week visiting my beloved little brother, Rich and his wife Rachel. We got to see the fun night life of Knoxville, their new house that they have been working so hard to fix up on (it's very cute!), and just spent a few days in scenic Gatlinburg & Pigeon Forge for some Christmas shopping and of course, eating pancakes (that's a must down there).

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Shawn calls these type of pics "sorority chic poses", Leah and I call them "cushy faces"


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
She just couldn't put the carmel corn down..it's a bit addicting

Bring on the turkey!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I love the new pictures!! The cushy face one is great! I'm glad you had fun & we hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving :D

Love
Amanda & Lilee :D

Sheri said...

Glad you had a great get-away! Love the picture of you and your sweetie.

Jake and Taryn said...

Great for you all!! It's so good to get away every once in a while! Also, I LOVE your pictures! They are SO SO SO SO wonderful! :)

My aunt and her family live in Knoxville too! I love it there. Speaking of TN, we have planned a three day "Christmas shopping" trip to Nashville in early December! I can't wait!

As for Thanksgiving, I too can't believe it is already that time again! WOW!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Next time you are in Knoxville, let us know. Leah's Yunyang sister, Sarah, would love to see her (and we would too!)!

I've been keeping up with you all through your blog--it's a lot of fun to see Leah growing up. She's a cutie.

Claire Geibig (and Jack, Joseph, and Sarah)