Saturday, October 27, 2007

Cinema Saturday

I love to go to the movies. It's one of my favorite things to do. I love eating popcorn, getting a large coke, nestle in and taken away for two hours. I don't even care what I see either. I'd like it to be three stars because I believe heavily in the Roger Ebert star system, but I've been known to see some really pitiful "not even close to a star" movies because I'm married to Shawn.

Good news for me, Grammy Re and Pop Pop have recently moved within walking distance to a movie theater, I might have a chance of getting back to the movies on a more regular basis...who hoo!

I've decided I'm going to start sharing my love of the movies and post some favorite clips of movies. This clip is from one of my favorite love stories, critically acclaimed, "House of Flying Daggers". It's a gorgeous, haunting romance with beautiful costumes, dance and action scenes. The movie is in mandarin with English subtitles.

Mei (Zhang Ziyi),the lead character is blind, and in this scene she is performing a stunning dance. Rent this movie if you have not seen it. Loved it, loved it, loved it.



Here's a another clip, if you are interested in seeing more (***warning, spoilers if you haven't seen it yet)....

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Looks like a great movie. Will definitly have to rent that soon. She is such a beautiful and talented actress. I love that your going to blog movies that you like.

sara said...

I, too love that you are going to share good movies! I am a little jealous that you will actually be viewing them in the theater. That's kind of cheating - like actually sitting down inside a Starbucks..what's that?

Melissa said...

You are too funny!! Funniest thing is that we just drove through a Starbucks tonight!

I know, right...how did I get that lucky? I'm still pinching myself. Grammy Re Rocks! ;)