Sunday, October 28, 2007

I've been inspired...



For about 2 months now, I've been planning our meals for the week prior to going to the grocery store. It's been lots of fun, I don't have to think anymore and we buy only what we need at the grocery store, saving big time bucks on going out to eat and wasting food. I think we eat better too.

It all started from finding the organizing junkie blog site, it's a great source for ideas on how to keep organized and you can find some yummy recipes.

So get inspired with me and join the bandwagon! I would love to find new recipes and share my favorites with my blogging buddies...wanna join me?

Monday: Spaghetti, Garlic Bread and Salad

Tuesday: Beef Stew, Cornbread (Jiffy, of course!)

Wednesday: Deluxe Potato Ham Bake, broccoli, applesauce and croissants

Thursday: Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans, biscuits

Friday: Homemade pizza

Saturday: My Day Off

Sunday: Pork chops, Au gratin potatoes, peas

6 comments:

LINDA said...

Just a hint--add 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese to your cornbread.
Moist and tasty--kid friendly.
Sara turned me onto the Organizing Junkie and Laura inspired me, also. I've been an avid organizer for a long time ( due to OCD ) but hadn't planned menus ahead and published them--making me fell responsible to follow through. I love the ideas from everyone's menus. Sara and I are working on a cookbook idea now. We'll see how that goes. Love the new look!

Leslie said...

Thank you ~ Thank you ~ Thank you Melissa for giving me another blog to get ideas from. I also thank you for linking back to where you find your recipes.

Melissa said...

Yea!! I have takers! I need help coming up with new things each week, so I just love tips and new things to try.

Thanks Linda and Leslie!

sara said...

I love that you have taken the plunge! I have been menu planning myself for the last few months (the first time in almost 11 years of marriage....yikes!) and we have saved a ton of $$$ and are actually enjoying the food more too! (not to mention my DH has lost 20 pounds!)I have been organizing my recipes over the last few days and getting ready to post my first menu too! The problem is we still graze a lot of embarrassingly, I will feed my kids pancakes while we have soup - so it isn't like I make a three course meal every night. AND, we have been know to eat strictly starchy side dishes. My favorite:=)

Melissa said...

Go hubby..20 pounds? Wow! Just take baby steps..at least you are cooking at home (you beat me, I didn't cook for 6 years of marriage), so what if it's mismatched and a little lopsided with the food groups.

Looking forward to sharing some recipes, tis the season!

:)
Melissa

Jake and Taryn said...

Great idea! I have actually been to the site...and it is just wonderful!