Saturday, September 22, 2007

Autumn Moon Festival & Friends from China

Leah had all of her friends from China over today for some playtime and to celebrate the Autumn Moon Festival, a Chinese holiday that celebrates the moon, harvests, family and thanksgiving. Children dance with paper lanterns and eat moon cakes with their families.


Ten adorable little girls enjoyed a fun morning of bubbles, sidewalk chalk, singing & games and our preschool version of the moon cake...

Aren't we lucky to have such a talented daddy who can draw anything? Dora the Explorer made an appearance on our deck wearing a traditional mandarin outfit.


Leah and her friend Miranda

Nothing better than Goldfish with friends



I'm thinking I should send this pic into Minute Maid





Reading a wonderful book about the moon and shapes, and a favorite of Leah's....





Ring a Round the Rosie...A pocket full of posies...




Ashes...ashes...




We all fall down!


7 comments:

4ever 4some said...

What a great moon festival! I wish we could have been there. Looks like all the girls (and the moms) had a great time. :)

Felicia & Ava

sara said...

what happy girls! I can't wait to have moon festivals at our house:D

Jake and Taryn said...

Melissa,
First of all THANKS again so much for all of your helpful tips for digital scrapbooking!...I gave it a try and I LOVE it! I was able to get my header on my blog the way I want it, but as you can see after a very late night I am frustrated and still can't figure out how to get a border around my posts. For example, your blog has white behind all of your posts, then you have the mauve border, and then the pink patterned paper. I am wanting that same stlye on my blog, but I just can't figure out how to do it. I know a few people who know how to do this, but they all seem to want to keep it a big secret...I thought you might be able to help, as you have already been such a HUGE HELP to me in getting my blog looking more like I would like. Please Help!!! Thanks again!!

Melissa said...

Hey Taryn,

I am so glad you got the digital scapbooking thing worked out! I know why nobody wants to tell you, it's a pain in the rear end to mess with HTML and hard to explain. A little trade secret...you can right click on any blogger page that you like and choose view source, copy and paste into your blogger and then just trade out the background with your papers, etc. That's the easiest way to get around HTML coding. Hope that makes sense. It's a major shortcut in your design process if you are a HTML novice.

Jake and Taryn said...

Melissa,
From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU!!!! I really could not have designed my blog without you!!! And I certainly would not have attempted digital scrapbooking without your encouragement....in fact, I think I just might be hooked on it! :) Thank you so much for being so helpful and so encouraging! Thanks to all of your help, my blog now has a new look! :) Thank you!!

Amanda said...

We had sooo much fun! Thank you for such a great day :D Lilee can't stop talking about "Wela"

It was just so nice to be able to sit & watch our girls play & giggle together! We both had so much fun! I can't wait till we get together again & you are right a Dora couch is a MUST for Christmas!!

Love,
Amanda & Lilee

ps.. thanks for the pictures, you got some really good ones of Ms. Lilee

LaLa said...

What a fun time with friends..that is the BEST!! Your daughter is beautiful : )